There are simple ways to keep your teeth healthy from young age to old age. We bring you 10 tips to follow for healthy and strong teeth.
- Eat Healthy Food – Food rich in Calcium and Vitamin D helps strengthen the teeth and prevent tooth decay. Similarly, there are foods that naturally clean your teeth. These include fruits like apples, strawberries and Kiwis; vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cucumbers and cauliflower. And foods like chicken, beef, turkey, eggs and fish. Avoid drinking cola, black tea/coffee as can also cause harm to your teeth.
- Choosing the right toothbrush – One should make sure the size of the toothbrush is propionate to his /her mouth. Kids should be given toothbrushes made for their age and adults should make sure it’s the right one for them.
- Time and frequency of brushing – Doctors recommend that one should brush thrice a day; basically, after the three primary meals- Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, brushing for at least 2 minutes is important for effective results.
- Tea is good for teeth – Tea contains flavonoids which help prevent the formation of the bacteria in your mouth. So, it’s good to sip a cup of tea daily- it is best if the tea is sugar-free.
- Floss regularly – It is important to floss on a regular basis (daily, if possible) to remove dental plaque and prevent tooth decay.
- Drink water- Though it sounds trivial, drinking plenty of water flushes out the bacteria from your mouth and helps maintaining your teeth in the simplest way.
- Chew a gum after meals- Chewing gums after meals helps clean the debris in your mouth and prevent bad breath.
- Avoid smoking- Not only the lungs but smoking also damages your teeth and increases the risk of gum cancer.
- Too much sugar is too bad – Eating excessive sugar leads to the formation of bacteria in your oral cavity, which in turn leads to tooth decay and cavities. So, even if you are consuming sugary stuff, just make sure to swish your mouth properly or drink water.
- Prevent Physical injuries – Make sure to protect your teeth while participating in physical activities like skating, cycling and acrobats. Any kind of physical injury to your teeth might develop cavities even years after the injury.
Follow these 10 tips, make it an oral hygiene regime to prevent gum diseases and tooth decay. Have a dazzling 2016.
Tags : Best Dental Clinic in Chennai Dental Hospital in Chennai Best Dentist In Chennai Best Dental Hospital in Chennai Best Laser Dental Clinic Best Laser Dental Clinic in ChennaiBest dental clinic in Mylapore Best implant clinic in chennai Best dental clinic in alwarpet Best dental clinic in nungambakkam Dental Implants in Chennai Orthodontic Treatment