Taking kids to a dentist is even more challenging as they are really afraid of the dentists and the instruments used by them. It is a common factor that children usually panic when they are taken to a doctor. Treating a child patient, specifically becomes a challenging task for a dentist to treat them; hence they use techniques that reduces fear and anxiety among child patients.
Injury to the front tooth in childhood is very common. Kids with slightly protruded teeth or poorly aligned teeth are often victims of such injuries. Sometimes the teeth fracture. Many times, the tooth that receives the blow does not crack or fracture but just turns brown over the next few years. They are seldom noticed till teenage, until they become a cosmetic problem. The patient or the parent comes to the dentist with just one request – please turn the tooth white. While masking the colour is an easy treatment, we should not treat such browned teeth lightly since such teeth are prone to cyst formation. When any front tooth receives a sudden blow, the blood supply to the tooth through the tip of the tooth is sometimes crushed resulting in pulp necrosis (death) which leads to the browning of the tooth.
Continue reading Immediate teeth replacement – Childhood tooth injury
To retain a beautiful and healthy smile for life, regular dental check-ups are mandatory. It will help you to prevent the need for major dental treatments in future with the added advantage of cost effectiveness. A recommended healthy habit would be a dental visit for every six months. Enjoy a lifelong dental health with a regular check-up plan!
1) Have a Good Sleep: The ester day before your visit, give your mind and body a relaxed healthy sleep that will soothe your nerves to drive out anxiety.
2) Confirm Your Visit: A few dental clinics may take an initiative to call and confirm your appointment on the prescribed date. If not, it is mandatory that you make sure of your visit again 24 hours in advance and be on time.
3) Transfer Your Previous Records: If you’d had a home or work shift from one area to other, you must verify with your old dentist to transfer your existing dental records to the new dentist in place.
4) Brush and Floss: Don’t take your mouth dirty and stinky when you’re about to go for a dental check-up. Besides helping the dentist to examine it easily, it also serves you with better results.
5) Come Updated: Note that you come prepared with your updated medical history, any insurance and any further details on your health entailed in your document. Know that, the more you make your dentist knows about your health records, the more he/she will be able to give you a more personalized care.
6) Discuss in Detail: Make a checklist of all your queries and problems that you were experiencing such as bleeding, sensitivity or sores. Also, it is important to list down all the medicines and supplements that you take it for your temporary pains. Be honest and answer the questions of the dentist.
7) Confront Dental Anxiety: Propose all your fears about the dental treatment that you’re about to undergo to your dentist in advance so that you both can work together to reduce your anxieties and increase your comfort levels.
8) Fix the Next Checkup: Take down the post-checkup steps to be followed and stick to them accordingly. Also, decide on a follow-up appointment date at your convenience.
Your dentist may need your fullest co-operation and in return, you may also need expert professional guidance. It is of no matter whether you’re visiting a dental clinic for cleaning or check-up or any disease or any complicated treatment, the ultimate necessity is “preparedness”.
Children’s day falls in the month of November. To celebrate the innocence of the children, team Apollo White Dental has organised an exclusive contest for all those little ones!
Do you think that your little one has the cutest smile?
Here is your chance to let the world know! Participate in our #BestBabySmile contest! Share with us a picture of your little one smiling with the hashtag #BestBabySmile and stand a chance to win an exciting prize from us!
Please refer to the Terms and conditions.
1: The contest starts from 14th November 2015 and ends on 1st December 2015.
2: Please take a picture of your little one smiling and share it on our page with your name and the hashtag #BestBabySmile.
3: Only one entry per person is allowed.
4: One winner will get a surprise gift from Apollo White Dental.
5: Only kids till 8 years of age will be considered as valid participants of the contest.
6: Team Apollo White Dental will decide the winners in a fair and unbiased manner.
7: Apollo White Dental reserves all rights to the contest.
8: Kindly do not use images from the internet
8: We respect your privacy and we assure you that your information shall be kept confidential.
9: A collage of the images shall be made and posted on our social media pages.
Haven’t participated yet?
Click here on.fb.me/1T2QZk2 to participate! 🙂