Whiter teeth is something that many people in our country would desire today, whether you already have white teeth or you’ve just completed a whitening treatment, keep in mind that you’ve still got some work to do when it comes to preserving that beautiful, sparkling smile. You need to be thoughtful about how you treat your teeth if you want them to remain white. To help your teeth stay brighter for a longer period, follow these helpful tips.
Bleaching is one of the most popular esthetic procedures in modern dentistry, aiming to give patients a more perfect appearance and esthetic smile. Vital teeth are usually whitened by one of the two techniques including in-office bleaching and night-guard or home bleaching. In-office bleaching employs relatively high concentrations of bleaching agents for short durations, whereas in home bleaching procedure, lower concentrated bleaching gels are applied over a longer period of time for example 4-8 hours a day for 2 or more weeks. Continue reading LASER BLEACHING
Don’t we all wish our tooth remained like a kid’s first set of pearly shiny whites? Those cute little smiles are never affected by decay or cavities? We, unfortunately, do not understand the harm that candies, juices and lollipops can do to our teeth. Dental health is more important than most of us actually realize. And nutrition plays a very big role in this. People with 25 or more teeth tend to eat more nutritiously says a study. So in order to limit those chewy chocolates, and getting to brush twice a day, it’s up to us to keep an eye out for these common dental problems that affect us severely.
We obviously need healthy teeth and gums to eat nutritious and tasty food. And we need to eat nutritious foods for healthy teeth. That’s how the cycle works. When we were kids, usually our diet is what influences the teeth development. And once it’s grown, with all teeth in place, what we consume (food) plays a role in maintaining an oral dental health.
Now let’s have a look at a few food items that can actually help with your oral hygiene!
- Cheese and milk:
Dairy does mouth well!
Cheese is an important ally. I’m sure all of us love to eat cheese burst pizzas and what we eat has a direct impact on your oral health, and foods like cheese can be of big help. Consuming dairy products is vital to maintain good oral health as many doctors and studies have proved the fact that eating cheese will prevent cavities and reduces the acid in our mouth. The study indicates that the rising level of pH from eating cheese may have occurred due to the increase in saliva production to help clear away food particles which could be caused by the action of chewing. Since cheese and milk contains calcium and phosphorous it infiltrates the layer of plaque by surrounding your teeth to remineralize the tooth enamel and prevent erosion plus makes our teeth much stronger.
- Fibre-rich fruits and vegetables:
If you are craving for sugar, then firm and crunchy fruits such as apple, pears and peaches are your best bet. They have enormous water content that dilutes the effects of sugar and stimulate the flow of saliva and in turn fights the bacteria and helps create mineral defences against tooth decay. Vegetables also help in neutralizing the acids present in our mouth. Thus fresh fruits and raw vegetables that help our oral hygiene are:
- Broccoli (Helps synthesize three proteins in bone needed for strength; Broccoli and leafy greens also noted for its role in blood clotting)
- Unsweetened fruit and vegetable juices
- Canned fruits in natural juices
- Snacks that nurture your dental health:
We all love to munch and snack in-between our meals. Unfortunately, a lot of us choose foods like chips, sweets etc., foods that will injure by promoting tooth decay. Instead we can choose nutritious and tooth-friendly, high-protein foods such as cheese, milk, yoghurt, nuts, eggs, meat, poultry and fish, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables.
Here are a variety of snacks and drinks low in sugar and high in nutrition are best:
- Plain yogurt, hard cheese, hard-boiled eggs
- Apples, sliced mango, raw vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Popcorn sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable enchilada, sushi
- Hummus, baba ghanouj
- Naan bread, tortilla
We all knew about cashews for centuries that it’s good for our body, but never did we realize it also benefited our teeth. The cashew nuts possess herbal health benefits that include killing bacteria and germs and eliminate tooth decay. According to the research, cashew nuts contain magnesium, calcium and phosphate which are all important nutrients of dental health. Cashew nuts help maintain healthy gums and teeth. The chewing of cashews produces plenty of saliva, which neutralises the bacteria Streptococcus mutants that causes cavities. We can just eat an ounce of cashews every day to get rid of cavities. Go nuts and snack on cashews!
Fluoride is a natural substance not a medication. Fluorides can greatly help dental health by strengthening the tooth enamel, making it more resistant to tooth decay. Studies have consistently shown that fluoridation of community water supplies is safe and effective in preventing dental decay in both children and adults by at least 25%.Thus by simply drinking water, a lot of people can benefit from fluoridation of cavity protection whenever they are at home or work.
Apart from all these, we should brush our teeth twice a day after eating and drinking sugary drinks, to remove the plaque bacteria that create the destructive acids. Sugar-free soft drinks can erode your teeth, too. If you cannot brush after every meal, brush at least twice a day.
To retain a beautiful and healthy smile for life, regular dental check-ups are mandatory. It will help you to prevent the need for major dental treatments in future with the added advantage of cost effectiveness. A recommended healthy habit would be a dental visit for every six months. Enjoy a lifelong dental health with a regular check-up plan!
1) Have a Good Sleep: The ester day before your visit, give your mind and body a relaxed healthy sleep that will soothe your nerves to drive out anxiety.
2) Confirm Your Visit: A few dental clinics may take an initiative to call and confirm your appointment on the prescribed date. If not, it is mandatory that you make sure of your visit again 24 hours in advance and be on time.
3) Transfer Your Previous Records: If you’d had a home or work shift from one area to other, you must verify with your old dentist to transfer your existing dental records to the new dentist in place.
4) Brush and Floss: Don’t take your mouth dirty and stinky when you’re about to go for a dental check-up. Besides helping the dentist to examine it easily, it also serves you with better results.
5) Come Updated: Note that you come prepared with your updated medical history, any insurance and any further details on your health entailed in your document. Know that, the more you make your dentist knows about your health records, the more he/she will be able to give you a more personalized care.
6) Discuss in Detail: Make a checklist of all your queries and problems that you were experiencing such as bleeding, sensitivity or sores. Also, it is important to list down all the medicines and supplements that you take it for your temporary pains. Be honest and answer the questions of the dentist.
7) Confront Dental Anxiety: Propose all your fears about the dental treatment that you’re about to undergo to your dentist in advance so that you both can work together to reduce your anxieties and increase your comfort levels.
8) Fix the Next Checkup: Take down the post-checkup steps to be followed and stick to them accordingly. Also, decide on a follow-up appointment date at your convenience.
Your dentist may need your fullest co-operation and in return, you may also need expert professional guidance. It is of no matter whether you’re visiting a dental clinic for cleaning or check-up or any disease or any complicated treatment, the ultimate necessity is “preparedness”.
Shining white teeth add a charm to every smile and yellow teeth spoil an otherwise beautiful smile. Don’t make your yellow teeth prevent you from smiling and have your day wasted. There are several ways to get that shining white smile and here we bring you natural ways to practice and make you smile bright.
- Brush thrice a day: According to dentists, one should brush after every meal. Thus, it is recommended to brush your teeth after breakfast, lunch and dinner. This reduces the formation of bacteria and in turn, bad breath.
- Coconut oil massage: Coconut oil massage helps whiten your teeth and strengthen your gums; so, you get a combo.
- Food items with roughage: Food items which are fiber-rich or with roughage such as oranges, bananas, pears, peaches, strawberries, grapes and cranberries work as a scrubber and keep your teeth clean.
- Baking soda: Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate (NAHCO3) helps in whitening and cleaning teeth. It is an age-old bleaching agent, which has been used to keep up the oral health of our body. One can use it exactly like toothpaste, by mixing it with some water and massaging the teeth with it. Its alkaline nature helps neutralize the acidic pH of the mouth.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: H2O2 is a bleaching, oxidizing, disinfecting and antiseptic agent. ‘Swish it in your mouth and spit it out’, this is how you use it.
- Chewing gum (with Xylitol): Chewing gum, especially sugar-free gum clears all the debris between your teeth and Xylitol keeps the teeth white.
- Lemon Juice: The citric acid present in lemon helps keep your teeth white.
- Apples: Being crunchy in nature, it acts as a scrubber to your teeth and cleans them. Cucumber, carrot and broccoli too could be used as scrubbers.
Practice any of the above natural teeth whitening solutions regularly for a white and bright confident smile. Write to us about your experience in the comment section below.
Stained teeth are more prevalent in adult nowadays because of improper dental care and unhygienic food habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, improper brushing and much more. Yellow teeth make many people feel dejected, inferior and hence result in loss of self-confidence within oneself. With the behemoth advancement in technology, dental discoloration can be tackled easily with advanced dental procedures like teeth whitening. The following can give you the clear picture of the importance and advantages of teeth whitening:
1. Attractive appearance
Clean, white teeth enhance your smile and physical attributes. Imagine how drastically your look and smile will impact others when you have perfectly whitened teeth! Yes, very positively indeed. Moreover having bright teeth eliminates low confidence due to uneven smile.
2. Affordable and Effective
The dental advancement in recent years has brought a lot of new techniques for enhancing the discoloration of teeth. With such advancements, teeth whitening procedures have become more affordable & effective!
3. No side effects
When it comes to teeth whitening procedures, complete safety is guaranteed with no harmful side effects. The procedure for the same has become simpler and requires negligible amount of time.
4. Remove deep stains
Are you suffering, struggling and finding it awkward to smile wide in front of people because of stains on your teeth? Teeth whitening is the best solution! With advanced teeth whitening treatment, removing deep stains is no more a complex procedure.
5. Boosts Self-confidence
Sometimes, all you need is a good smile to make things work. Having healthy, clean and white teeth boosts one’s self-confidence. Try brightening your teeth and witness how it brightens your days. After all, a flawless smile is the best accessory you can wear!
No more hiding or tightening lips to avoid smiling openly in public places!
Still have second thoughts?
Talk to our experts and get them cleared!