Maintaining good oral health is essential for maintaining good overall health. Dental health and hygiene include optimal care for teeth and gums. Having a balanced and healthy diet helps you gain the necessary nutrients to have sound dental health.
Fresh strawberries are good for dental health and hygiene as the malic acid in strawberries will allow the particles that make stains on your teeth to break away.
Dairy products are also good for teeth because they are high in calcium, a mineral that helps in strengthening bones and they are also good for your gums.
Yogurt is high in calcium which helps to keep your teeth strong and healthy. Children especially benefit from the calcium found in yogurt. Once permanent teeth appear, calcium continues to help prevent tooth decay by keeping enamel strong.
Here is a recipe for “Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb and yogurt parfaits” that is perfect for the summers and loved by all age groups. Try out this recipe that is absolutely fresh and healthy!
Roasted strawberry rhubarb and yogurt parfaits
Prep time : 10 minutes.
Cook time : 30 minutes.
Total time : 40 minutes.
Servings : 4-6
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 2 cups of rhubarb (about 4 stalks), cut into ¼-inch wide slices
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 batch of homemade honey almond granola
- 4 cups of whole-milk yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.On the baking sheet, put the strawberries and rhubarb with honey and spread the fruit into a single layer. Bake these ingredients for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the fruit is tender and juicy. Make sure the strawberries on the edges of the pan, as the honey, can burn quickly.
- Transfer the fruit and the juices to a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve warm over ice cream or cheesecake.
- To make parfaits: in small glasses or bowls, layer yogurt, strawberry-rhubarb sauce, and granola to your liking.