It is common for many of you to think that India is all about spicy curries, wobbling heads, snake charmers, and Bollywood song and dance. It might surprise you to know that India has launched a successful Mars mission and in healthcare there are hospitals that conduct around 30 heart surgeries per day; which is the number highest in the world. As technology and innovation sweeps healthcare here, more and more people prefer medical tourism in India. In fact, there are many advantages of coming to India for dental treatment.
Medical Tourism in India
Medical tourism in India has become a common form of vacationing for many due to its cost-effective healthcare with minimal waiting time for treatment. Many people visit India for surgical procedures, treatment of cancer, in vitro fertilization, CABG, orthopedic surgeries, spine surgeries, eye surgeries, bariatric surgery, and alternative forms of healing and dental procedures.
Most of these people choose India because of the quality of treatment and affordable costs. It is quite common for patients to get treatment and visit popular tourist locations in India at just a fraction of the cost of treatment in their country.
Why people choose medical tourism in India – Factors attracting the international patients
- Indian surgeons are skilled and perform complex, rare surgeries frequently
- Indian doctors are competent at diagnosis and provide the exact treatment
- Minimal waiting time for any kind of treatment
- Indian hospitals have the latest facilities and advanced equipment
- Doctors and support staff speak English
- It is easy to get a medical visa for treatments in India
- Treatments and surgeries are cost-effective
- Other costs such as accommodation, food, and transport are quite cheap
Dental Tourism in India – Advantages of coming to India for Dental Treatment
Dental tourism has grown enormously in India thanks to the initiatives of both the government and private healthcare establishments. Dentistry in India has evolved a lot what with the setting up of latest infrastructure in most dental hospitals. Using latest technology for diagnosis of dental diseases, and sophisticated dental equipment for procedures has led to accurate and precise treatments.
Not just that, India is a favorite destination for dental treatments because of its dentists. India has some of the best orthodontists, periodontists, oral surgeons, gum specialists, prosthodontists, and pediatric dentists. With more than 1, 25,000 dentists and numerous surgeries and procedures under their belt, they are a favorite among people from many countries including:
- New Zealand
- Many European countries
12 advantages of coming to India for dental treatments
- More than 5000 dental laboratories in India
- Presence of multinational dental equipment makers like KAVO G C, Vivadent, Nobel Biocare, Ultradent, 3M, Ivoclar, Coltene and many more
- India is a manufacturing and supplying hub for dental equipment and materials
- High-end dental diagnostic tools in most dental hospitals
- Sophisticated methods of sterilization of dental equipment and dental hospitals on par with international standards
- English speaking doctors and support staff. India is the second largest English speaking country
- Waiting time for treatment is very less
- Formalities like getting medical visa, finding the right dentist, and fixing appointments along with travel plans are very easy
- Low medication cost in India. When it comes to the cost of medicines, they cost only a fraction when compared to many Western countries
- Lower treatment costs and overall expenses – This is one of the major advantages of coming to India for dental treatments
- Tourism Interest – With numerous tourist attractions in India, a person can get dental treatments here and travel places of interest in India.
- Availability of alternative care like ayurveda, naturopathy, siddha, unani, yoga, and acupuncture
Dental tourism cost in India
Affordable dental treatment cost is one of the driving factors for people to come to India for dental procedures. Overall expenses incurred by a person opting for dental tourism in India include:
- Two-way travel expenses
- Medical visa
- Treatment cost
- Accommodation for the patient and patient’s relatives
- Food & transportation
- Cost of visiting tourist locations in India
Despite these expenses, dental tourism cost in India is considerably less owing to the fact that the wages are lower in India. Even though dental hospitals in India use the latest dental equipment, the costs of dental implants, dental restoration, and cosmetic dentistry are only a fraction of what it costs in other countries.
For example, a smile designing treatment costing around $8000 in USA costs only $1000 in India. The cost of dental implants can be anywhere around $ 3000 to $ 4000 in USA but costs only $ 500 in India. Similarly, a root canal treatment which costs around $ 3000 in USA costs only $ 200 to $300 in India. Even European countries are known to charge heavily when it comes to dental treatments.
So, opting for dental tourism in India can give you world-class dental treatments at affordable prices.
Why Apollo White Dental for Dental tourism in India
Apollo White Dental is a Center of Excellence for Dental and Maxillofacial Care with over 70 branches in 17 cities of India. It is part of the Apollo Hospitals Group a pioneer in private healthcare in India.
Apollo Hospitals serves more than 170,000 international patients every year for complex surgeries and treatments. Apollo White Dental which is a dentistry department of Apollo Hospitals treats many international patients. People come to Apollo White Dental for dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, smile designing, root canal treatment, and many more.
All dental hospitals of Apollo White Dental are equipped with state-of-the-art dental equipment and our dental surgeons are highly qualified to handle complicated dental surgeries. We have successfully conducted minimally invasive tunneling oral surgery in cases where patients had little to no jawbone to support dental restoration.
Technology at Apollo White Dental
- Facilities for dental surgeries under general anesthesia with special wards for postop monitoring
- Microscopic dentistry
- Laser dentistry
- Cone Beam CT and implants
- Digital orthopantogram
- Digital radiovisiography
- CAD/CAM dentistry
Services at Apollo White Dental
- All Types of Dental Surgery
- Braces & Aligners
- Bridges & Crowns
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental Fillings
- Dental Implants
- Emergency dental care
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Impacted tooth treatment
- Improper alignment of teeth
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Root Canal Treatment
- Scaling & root planing
- Smile designing
- Teeth Whitening
Assistance extended to international patients
- End-to-end assistance for dental tourism in India
- Selecting a dental surgeon
- Choosing appropriate procedure
- Comparing treatment costs
- Medical visa
- Planning your visit
- Air ambulance if needed
- Arranging travel plan
- Helping with documents needed
- Requirements like accommodation, transportation, & food
- Post-procedural instructions
- Extension of medical visa if condition demands
- Stay in India
To know more about dental tourism in India and Apollo White Dental, contact our friendly international patient customer care today!