Best dental implant clinic
Don’t lose your confidence after losing a tooth! Get your single tooth implant at the best dental implant clinic.
Leaving a gap after tooth loss can affect your oral health adversely. It loosens surrounding teeth, increases chances of infection, spoils your appearance, and even leads to bone loss in the jaw.
That’s why you need only the best dental implant specialists to give you back functionality and appearance!
We at Apollo Dental provide all types of dental implants and dental crown materials. Our superior dental technologies allow us to give you the best results – both cosmetic and functional!
Apollo White Dental Advantage
- Experienced Dental Surgeons
- All types of dental implant materials with world-wide warranty
- Latest technology dental equipment
- Triple sterilization
- Trust of Apollo
What is single tooth replacement with implant?
Tooth replacement with implants (single tooth implant) is among the best treatments for tooth loss. It is a prosthetic restoration for functionality of the lost tooth. It improves your appearance and prevents further damage.
Benefits of dental implants – Single tooth implant
- Natural-looking teeth
- Chew all foods
- Support to the adjacent teeth
- Improve facial appearance
- Success rate of dental implant is high
- Prevents bone loss
Don’t neglect tooth loss. Talk to our dental experts today!
What are the consequences of tooth loss?
Tooth loss is much more prevalent than people perceive. This is because of the fact that dental cavities and gum diseases are very high among Indians.
It is estimated that children of age groups 2-5, 5-11, and 11-15 years have very high percentages of dental cavities.
Another group that has a very high risk of dormant dental diseases is the elderly. Among age groups of 55-64, and 65-74 years, the extent of dental diseases and tooth loss is quite high.
Many of the younger and older adults have tooth loss in either the upper quadrant or the lower quadrant of a set of teeth. Generally, people get immediately consult a dentist if the tooth loss occurs in the front teeth. It is common to neglect tooth loss when it occurs in the rear side.
Consequences of tooth loss
Untreated and unrepaired tooth loss is a threat to the oral structures and general health. Here are a few reasons why tooth loss should never be neglected.
Tooth loss leads to some strange conditions. It affects all the major functions associated with teeth. It leads to:
- Inability to chew certain foods. This leads to nutritional deficiencies
- Improper speech. Many sounds are uttered using the teeth. When tooth loss occurs, it leads to whistling sounds and improper pronunciation
- It leads to formation of plaque and tartar
- It increases the risk of gum recession in surrounding teeth
- Adjacent teeth have the risk of drifting and misalignment
- Adjacent teeth can also become loose
- Bone loss
- Change in appearance
- Tooth loss is associated with a sense of emotional loss an low-self esteem
Due to these complications, it is very important to get a prosthetic restoration for tooth loss.
How can tooth replacement with implants improve your functionality?
Tooth replacement with implants is also known as single tooth implant. Single tooth implant is a dental implant procedure that is done to replace a single missing tooth.
Single tooth implant is among the best treatments for tooth loss. It is similar to a dental implant procedure and is done by dental implant specialists. It can be placed when a person loses one tooth.
Single tooth implant is a prosthetic restoration for tooth loss. It restores functionality of the lost tooth along with improving appearance. So, a single tooth implant has both functional and cosmetic applications.
Single tooth implant improves your oral health. It prevents many damages that occur in untreated tooth loss.
The benefits of dental implants are that they offer a very long term solution for tooth loss. With dental implants and crowns, a person with tooth loss can get back total functionality.
- Natural-looking teeth with color, translucency, and appearance
- Total restoration of functionality in terms of chewing food
- Speech issues due to tooth loss rectified
- Support to the adjacent teeth so that there is no drifting, loosening of surrounding teeth
- They improve facial appearance and improve self-esteem
- Success rate of dental implant is high
- They are stable unlike removable artificial teeth
- They prevent bone loss in the jaws
What is the procedure of single tooth implant?
The procedure of single tooth implant occurs in four stages. These include:
- General health examination
- Dental health examination
- Dental implant treatment planning & procedure
- Dental crown placement
Each of these stages is important to have a successful tooth replacement with dental implants and crowns.
General health examination
Single tooth implant procedure first begins with initial diagnostic tests. Tests for general health, diabetes, hypertension, and other blood tests are conducted.
Along with these tests, past medical history and past dental history of the patient is examined in order to ascertain the suitability for dental surgery.
People with uncontrolled diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, and osteoporosis are not suitable candidates for single tooth implants.
Dental health examination
After the initial tests, dental diagnostic tests are done. Oral structures, teeth, gums, and jaws are physically examined.
Later, radiographic tests with intraoral radiographs and extraoral radiographs are conducted. These are done with the help of dental x-rays, CT-scans, and cone beam CT-scan, and other radiographic tests.
Once these tests are done, dental surgeons get an idea of the oral structures. The health of gums, jawbone health, presence of any bone loss, presence of any previous dental prosthetics, and location of nerves are examined.
Tooth replacement with implant planning
Radiographic findings enable dental surgeons to plan the dental implant site, the size of dental implant, the diameter and depth of hole that has to be drilled to insert the dental implant, and the dental crown material.
This is an important step in single tooth implant as proper treatment planning ensures good long term results, high success rate, and no dental implant failure.
Once treatment planning is complete, the patient is asked to adjust the dosage of any existing medications. This is done to ensure the patient is healthy and is in an ideal condition for dental implant surgery.
After treatment planning, a dental impression is taken. This would serve as a reference to build a dental crown as an artificial tooth.
Dental implant surgery
- Teeth cleaning and scaling & root planing is done to remove plaque and tartar
- Oral cavity along with dental implant is sterilized
- Anesthesia is given
- Gum tissue is opened in order to expose the jawbone
- A hole is drilled in the jawbone to accommodate the dental implant
- Once the desired diameter and depth are reached, drilling is stopped and dental implant is placed
- On top of the dental implant, a cover screw cap is placed
- Later, the dental implant is closed with gum tissue and stitches are placed
The dental implant recovery time depends upon the ability of the jawbone to fuse with the dental implant. This might take around three to six months. However, the surgical site heals in about 15 days.
Dental Crown Placement
Once the dental implant fuses with jawbone, the final restoration with dental crowns is done. This again involves a minor surgery where the gum tissue is opened, the cover screw cap is removed and the dental crown is placed.
For further queries, please feel to contact our experts at Apollo Dental!